Sunday, April 3, 2011

Audition


This is going to be one of the rare modern-horror films that actually makes the cut to be on my preferred horror flick list. Always trust the Japanese to come up with something mind bending and totally horrific and bloody for audiences. And, just like any good horror flick, it starts out with someone dieing. No it's not the villain... or in this case villainess. It's just the wife of the main character and she dies a normal, hospital-stay death. Nothing outrageous. But don't let that fool you, there's plenty of gore to pass around by the end of the film. The widower waits a few years, lets his son grow up and decides that he wants to remarry. Since he feels so old and decrepit, he gets a friend to help him find the right woman. They hold a fake audition (hence the title) for him to find a classy, elegant woman. Enter an ex-ballerina, wounded and fragile to catch his attention. She seems completely normal, until you get to the scene that shows her obsessively watching her phone while sitting in the middle of an empty room minus a huge sack in the corner. Phone rings, she grins very creepily, and you hear a very, very horrifying sound from the sack and it starts rolling around. Intrigued yet? If not here's the IMDB page for the film. Oh, and by the way, the string she's holding in her hand in the picture is piano wire... I'll just let that roll around in your imaginations, he he he.

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I want to see this or not. I'm usually okay with gore, but some of the things I've heard about this concern me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pumped. You caught my attention. Horror film movie night to celebrate the end of the semester please? And you're right, the japanese know their stuff. Don't judge me for this, but I used to love The Ring when it came out, and I did everything I could to watch the japanese version RingU that it originated from. I don't know what it is about asians, but they make everything better. lol

    ReplyDelete