Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo


After about three different people all said that I reminded them of Lisbeth Salander, I had to watch this movie. Once I first saw The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and Lisbeth took the scene, my first reaction was, "Oh my god! She is like me!" Based off a best-selling novel by Steig Larson, it tells the story of a Gothic young woman who helps a journalist find the missing niece of a very prestigious family. The case is cold and over 40 years old, but Lisbeth and Mikael Blomkvist are determined to find out what happened to her. Along the way Lisbeth meets with a lot of trouble from her new guardian while Mikael deals with the aftermath of a trial he just lost. And the more they discover the more dangerous it gets for both of them. The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo is the first in a series that was left unpublished when Larson died in 2004. the other two are The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. All three have been made into films and all three are available in book form. I still need to read all of them even though I've seen all the films. Noomi Rapace is just downright sexy too, so if you don't see it for any other reason, see it for her and the awesome back tattoo she has.

6 comments:

  1. All the movies in the series are awesome, and the books are amazing (and slightly different from the movies) too!! They are all worth checking out!

    And I was one of the people who said Rin and Lisbeth look alike ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup yup lol I believe that's how we actually started talking was cuz you mentioned that haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's definitely gorgeousss. I'm going to have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to see the movies for a while now. You may have convinced me to move them up on my must-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard some mixed things, which is kind of weird. But I did recently add it to my Netflix. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to see this movie! I had the chance to Netflix it with my friends a few weeks ago, but I had to get home and didn't stay to watch it. I think I'd like to read the books first. Any idea of if UPG has the series in our library?

    ReplyDelete