Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bod Mod Locations


Since I've already covered the different types of bod mods available to those with either parental consent or who are over 18, I figured I could point those who are interested in them in some useful directions. The first place I ever went to was South Side Tattoo to get my belly button pierced. Later I went back for my nose piercing and if I can manage it, I'll go back to them for all my piercings in the future. The place is really clean and the people who work there are awesome. When I had to get my nose re-pierced they knew exactly what to do and they always give great advice on caring for your piercings. When I was finally old enough to get my first tattoo I headed on down to Ink-N-At in Verona. It's a small place but the two women who work there are really cool. They have awesome prices and always make sure that whatever tat or piercing your getting is exactly what you want. That's where I got my vine tattoo. I recommend going there in mid-fall because that's when things start to slow down for them and it's more likely you'll get your tat done sooner. For my most recent tattoo, I ventured on down to Imperial to Up-In-Arms. Dooner, artist and founder, gave me a great price on my tat which ended up having 11 colors in it and did it quickly and really well. I was in and out in about 2 1/2 hours and the colors still look amazing. When I have the money for my next tat, I'll be heading back to him for it. For those who want something closer to home, I've heard good things about Mantis Tattoo. Unfortunately, their site is being a bit wonky and can't be viewed. Even still, go and give the place a look if you're closer to Greensburg. You can never beat a good piercer or tat artist.

5 comments:

  1. I've also gotten several piercings at South Side and agree, they are great despite being a bit pricey. I'd rather pay more for a clean service. Speaking of getting your nose re-pierced, how did that go? I'm considering doing that but I'm scared of it scarring pretty bad.

    As far as tattoos, Black Star in Belle Vernon is AWESOME. Very talented, very reasonably priced, very long wait. But worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I went to a place called Route 66 tattoo... never go there. They gave me a stud instead of a ring and my skin almost grew around the stud >.< I took it out and went to South Side and they said wait for three days and come back. I went back in three days and it was fine from there.

    I don't have any visible mark from the first hole but it was also a fairly new one, which might be part of the reason why there really isn't one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do a Fayette County rip-off of the post. In short, the place I got mine done was also a craft shop and the guy who did it got arrested for murder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH!!! Rin take me!!!!! My best friend Jamie got her first tattoo here. I need someone to go with! I know you, Jenna, and I were just talking about your nose ring in the bobcat the other day. I need this place in my life so I can finally get my boomerang on my back. you'll have to hold my hand though. I'll be a bit of a baby about it lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. and Janelle, the Edge is the only place in fayette county that I trust with tattoos and things. Please tell me what your tattoo craft shop was called. I need to find it and shake the owner's hand. Is it in my native uniontown? If so, I'm not surprised. lol

    ReplyDelete