Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dracula's Ball


This is one event that I have yet to experience, mostly due to money and travel reasons. The vent is only held in Philadelphia, so it's a bit more than a hop, skip, and a jump from good old Pittsburgh. Even still I always regret missing it for one specific reason... It's all about the vampires. The ball is held every three months, but the biggest and best party of them all is their Halloween party. From what I hear, this goes without saying due to Philadelphia's reputation of having one of the best club scenes you're likely to see anywhere else in the country. This ball has become so big they have people coming in from all corners of the world in order to enjoy a night in honor of their favorite bloodsuckers. Everyone and anyone is welcome to come, even the young ones under 21. Every year they have two major bands play sets and then the DJ's take their time in the spot lights.

Dracula's Ball doesn't really have a dress code to it, but they do prefer that you break out some of the freaky clothing you have in order to create the right atmosphere. Any kind of vamped-out look will work, from Renaissance and medieval down to the modern, sleek, vinyl wearing vamps anything will do the trick.

Their next show will be held on April 23 and this time around they've chosen Ayria and Angelspit to play. There are tickets currently being sold on Ticketmaster for $16 for the venue at the Shampoo Nightclub. For any other questions go on to their site and if anyone goes, have fun and watch your neck. *Insert evil laughter here*

3 comments:

  1. Your posts are always so interesting and I feel like I learn something new every time I read it, despite our similar interests. This sounds really cool and fun, and I hope you get to go in the near future! I'd love to see pics from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound really fun. Rachel's right - imagine the photo opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was going to go to this, I would go all out with the outfit. They're right to encourage it to create the perfect atmosphere. If you're ever going to anything like this and need someone to go with, please take me with you. I'm serious. I'd love to step outside of my comfort zone and into your world for a while. It's fascinating. I've also been obsessed with vampires since before Twilight made them famous. Queen of the Damned is a fantastic movie, which I'm sure you've seen. If not, watch it. :)

    ReplyDelete