Sunday, March 13, 2011

Little Apple Dolls


These little gothic darlings were popular a few years ago, around the time I was in high school. Unfortunately, I've only managed to collect the one called Irae (seen on right), but she's my baby doll and I love her to death. No pun intended. Each Little Apple doll comes with her own Little Apple that you can stick a set of pins in as well as her own specific outfit, accessory, and story. They are a little creepy to look at, especially in the dark, but they're also so cute if you have a twisted sense of what is adorable like I do. The whole storybook thing just gets me. So far four different series of the dolls have been released, but upon stumbling onto the site, I found that the creator and the toy distributor had a bit of a falling out. Now this was way back in 2008 so it seems pretty apparent that no new series is going to appear at all. This is a sad fact, but there are still four series of dolls and endless merchandise to revel in. Their official flash site is so cute and dark at the same time. Don't be confused if you can't understand the headings, if you linger the cursor over one it translates into English. From here you can find not only the names of the dolls form series 1-3, but also read their individual stories and find out where you can buy these little ones. If you don't find the particular doll that captures your heart with her needles, I suggest at least buying the little storybook about them that was released. It's nice and colorful and the perfect size to fit on your shelf.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I WANT THAT KIMONO GIRL!!! Have you heard of any gothic barbie updates lately? lol

    ReplyDelete