Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Gothic Lolita


This is probably something that even most under-grounders haven't heard of. Reason being because it originates in Japan. Yeah, who would've thought that something like the underground world would have even spread across the world all the way to a place like Japan? Essentially the whole aim of the lolita style is to look like something close to a porcelain doll. This is definitely not easy to accomplish. I've dressed in gothic lolita style before and its a pain. But the outcome, if you do it right, is so worth it. Lolita involves a lot of ribbons and bows and fluffy skirts. If you're going gothic with it, just change the colors from things like pink and yellow to red, purple, white, and black. You also can add in some radical looking shoes as well as a corset if you so wish. And cute stuffed toys are always a must, especially gloomy bears. For my own gothic lolita outfit I chose to wear the corset and a little hat that clipped into my hair with a veil. Another essential to gothic lolita especially, is the make-up. I found a site that has great tips for making your skin look porcelain-doll smooth and flawless as well as hair and make-up pointers. (The skin tips are good even if you aren't doing lolita and just want to have a great complexion) For some great dresses, gothic or otherwise, a good site to go to is Milanoo. They have all kinds of different styles and the prices are pretty affordable in comparison with most other costumes and similar designs. They even give you the option of custom-sizing so that way the dress you pick forms to your shape the best. Just be warned that their processing time can take up to a month, so give yourself plenty of time before the event you want to wear it to.

3 comments:

  1. You look awesome, Rin! I wish I could pull something like that off. Is there supposed to be another photo above the photo of yourself? If so, I can't see it on my laptop, and I'll have to look tonight in the lab. Also, you probably anticipated this, but I WANT A GLOOMY BEAR!!! CUTEST THINGS EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had enough money and outfits I would dress in gothic lolita every day. Even though it takes all that work, it's just an awesome look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this look.

    And a lot of weird stuff comes out of Japan. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete