Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gothic Cruise


Yes, this may sound like an oxymoron, but trust me its real. Every year there's an annual Gothic Cruise that takes passengers on a cruise through the Caribbean or other exotic locations for seven days. This year they've booked the Norwegian Sun for the trip, yet again the oxymoron side of all this. During that entire week there are special events that include live bands as well as club nights and a masquerade ball. See, we goths know how to have fun. I was severely upset when I missed the chance to go last year mainly due to the fact that The Crüxshadows were playing during the live band event. This particular year God Module and Imperative Reaction are due to play and they're including an autograph session where you can pick up the cruise's personalized CD and meet the bands. Awesome, right? It doesn't stop there. The masquerade ball gives all goth-cruisers the opportunity to break out their Victorian garb and compete in a costume contest while they dance the night away. Yeah, I'm already getting irritated that I'm going to miss it again this year... But the list of fun things to do continues on to tempt you even more with a gothic fashion show, goth karaoke, showings of the Rocky Horror Picture Show and Repo! The Genetic Opera, as well as a few parties to celebrate being at sea. What's the downside to all this? The pricing. Cruises are normally pretty expensive as it is, but since this is a specialty cruise, it seems to run a bit higher than most other cruises. For a full list of prices as well as a more in-depth itinerary I recommend going to their site for a little look-see.

4 comments:

  1. If you take me on a goth cruise I'll take you on a car cruise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go on a cruise for Rocky Horror, even though I see it in Greensburg every Halloween anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to go to a masquerade ball. I thought that was just a Phantom of the Opera kind of thing. I'm glad that different groups enjoy it too. Also, the Rocky Horror Picture Show might be one of my favorite movies ever. I have been dying to go to the live show and dress up for years now.

    ReplyDelete