Saturday, October 20, 2012

Movie Review: Prometheus


Well kiddies, I've finally gotten a chance within all this chaos to sit down and watch this film which I had previously not really cared about watching. All I can say is "Bravo, Ridley Scott. You have created an alien movie that managed to mindfuck me and actually keep me engaged and 'on the edge of my seat'." Do you know how hard it is for me to watch anything that is alien-related and not half fall asleep once its gotten started? I'd have an easier time wrestling with a cougar (the big cat kind not the sexy older women kind). But Prometheus is a whole different ball game. And just to confirm what people speculated on before in case you haven't already seen it: Yes this is a prequel to the Alien films, it's just not recognizable as one until the very end. Which oddly, I find very appealing about it. I'd half-forgotten that little tidbit of information about this movie, and was pleasantly reminded of that fact right before the credits rolled. Not to mention there is the very clever name of the movie, which is also the name of the ship. Anyone ever hear of that little old book called Frankenstein? Fun fact: It was also known as The Modern Prometheus (you learn something new every day). Seeing the correlation now? A doctor obsessed with making new life that ultimately turns on him after he wants to destroy it vs. Aliens that create life only to wind up wanting to destroy it and having it turn on them? I don't know if that's what Ridley Scott was aiming for in that, but it's nonetheless a clever little thing to throw in there. Anyway, this is a cool movie go see it.

P.S. Am I really out of the loop or did no one else know that a Carrie remake is happening either?


No comments:

Post a Comment