Monday, September 24, 2012

The Furbies Are Back...

Ok, I heard about this and all I could ask is... Why?! J-j-just WHY?! I had one of these demon-possessed toys when I was a kid. You know how long it took before I ripped the batteries out of the thing and shoved it in the closet so it would never again see the light of day? About long enough for the friend who bought the damn thing for me to leave my birthday party... That was one weird toy that no alternative-based kid has ever gotten behind. Even my boyfriend and his friends had bad experiences with one. Let me explain...

A couple of his friends decided that it would be funny to leave their furby in front of the television all day, since those things were supposed to be able to learn to speak just from listening. I doubt it was anything severe enough to warrant its ban from any government building, but it's still pretty funny to think about. Anyway... The friends come home and the furby is only saying one phrase over and over again... Apparently, The Exorcist had come on during the time that they'd left the television running and they came home to the furby saying nothing but "FUCK ME! FUCK ME!" Yup, out of everything that furby heard on the T.V. all day, it decided to pick up on one of the most infamous horror movies of all time. Needless to say, the couldn't get the thing to shut up, so my boyfriend suggested taking the batteries out. Well, according to his friend, it still kept talking after the batteries were ripped out... Creepy no?

So my question is this... What in the hell possessed (no pun intended) these freaking toy-makers to bring back one of the creepiest and most annoying toys to date back? And what's worse is that they can actually move! They can bop around and from the commercials, it looks like they talk a hell of a lot more than the old ones. Which, incidentally, was the worse part about them. They're like those stupid Fijit toys with fur and beaks!

And, oh gods, I just realized while looking for a picture that they gave them tails... WHY! WHY?!

No comments:

Post a Comment