Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Not Going to Read "Fifty Shades of Grey"

I know that some of you were probably waiting in anticipation for the day that I'd tell you all I'd be doing a review of Fifty Shades of Grey. So sorry to disappoint you all, but that day will never come. There are certain things that were not meant for the mainstream and BDSM is one of them. Especially when someone comes out with what's reported to be a crap story without even the vaguest notion of what BDSM actually is like to participate in. Despite all this, the influence has been spreading. I've heard rumors of a movie already and I only heard about this ridiculous series a couple months ago.
For those who have lived under a rock, BDSM stands for bondage, dominance, submission/sadomasochism.  And i will say right now, it is not something you just happen to pick up and try out like a freaking five-year-old with a new toy. This is more like a five-year-old running around with a fork and sticking it into a power outlet. You can get hurt if you're not careful, and very badly.
Case in point, the article I stumbled across mocking the magazine Cosmopolitan. Now I already thought their writings were dull and borderline stupid, but this just... ugh. I don't even know how to describe the level of idiocy they've just crossed into... Thankfully Nerve has laid it all out for me... Go ahead and take a look here... Just be prepared to want to bash your head against a wall...
I would've actually given you guys the original article but Cosmo's site is more disorganized than an English Major trying to build a working spacecraft...

 

1 comment:

  1. I decided to read it to see for myself how bad it was. It hurts my head and my heart.

    ReplyDelete