Sunday, February 19, 2012

Just to Prove an Earlier Point

A long while ago I did a post about alternative fashion sense and how Hot Topic is definitely not the center of the alternative fashion any more and hasn't been for a while. I'm definitely still standing by all my points against this retail chain after experiencing it for the first time in a stretch of time yesterday. I was down in my old hometown to spend some time with my friend and fellow undergrounder Pat. We decided to take a quick stroll around the mall since there really isn't one very close to where I'm living now. Well... on a quest to find him a new hat, we wound up in Hot Topic... This was a bad idea. Within minutes I was bored of looking at the same t-shirts with five different arrangements of studs on them and seeing Nicki Minaj, Justin Beiber, Lady Gaga, Lil' Wayne, and Twilight on every other hoodie. We walked back out of there with only one thing in hand... Sour Punch Straws. Yeah, I walked out of what used to be the forerunner of goth/punk fashion with nothing but a couple packages of candy. Do you really need any more persuasion that this ship is sinking really damn fast?

1 comment:

  1. I only go in there to make fun of stuff and bug staff I know. This is why I'm glad slackers is still around. And etsy.

    ReplyDelete