Sunday, December 4, 2011

Something I Don't Get About Retail Dress Code

That's right, I don't get the fascination that a lot of retail chains seem to have when it comes to their dress code.  Maybe this is just my usual fashion sense kicking in, but honestly, I think that khaki pants are some of the ugliest pants I've ever seen in my life. Yet retail chains like Target, Best Buy, and Walmart seem to be fascinated with them, because all three of them require their employees to wear khaki colored pants. Now aside from the fact that I hate the word khaki to begin with (it sounds like someone hocking up a fur ball, or like their kuck, either way), there is no official color for khaki pants. I've seen so many different types of pants that all require as khaki, it's frankly confusing. Because my own retail job requires it I do own some khaki cargo pants. Now cargo pants I can at least live with because they're comfortable, but these dress pants that are khakis just make me cringe. They look like someone went and but them on the stove to cook and then took them off either too soon or too early. And most of the time they look as stiff as a well-done piece of bacon. And gods forbid they have wrinkles in them, because then they could be a well-done piece of bacon. There's something about the whole color that makes wrinkles even more noticeable than your average color pant. Like jeans or black dress pants, you get a few wrinkles in those and no one notices or even cares for that matter. Yeah, this is a rant, sorry, but it's something that's been rolling around in my head for at least a few days. Not to mention it directly contrasts with my ideal as far as dress codes go.

No comments:

Post a Comment