Friday, January 28, 2011

Metal Mayhem


For above-grounders, it's more than likely that you haven't heard about this particular underground festival, except perhaps in passing. But this one event is the highlight of any under-grounders' entire year. Rockstar Metal Mayhem is the one concert that metal-heads and Goths alike cry over if they miss it. This concert is annual and is held over the summer months, normally making its stop in Pittsburgh around the first weekend of August. For my own part, I have attended the past three and never plan to miss another one. This all-day event hosts a variety of metal bands that changes from year to year. During the past year such bands as; Five Finger Death Punch, Rob Zombie, Korn, and Lamb of God all hosted at the main stage while In This Moment, Chimara, and others hosted at the other two stages available. And for motocross fans, there is always a few ramps set up for professional dirt-bikers to show off their skill to the crowd. And what's even better are the deals for buying band merchandise. Say you really want to get autographs from your favorite band but don't want to pay a ridiculous amount to go backstage. Not a problem. Most vendors offer deals to fans for buying merchandise. For example, for buying a shirt and CD from the In This Moment vendor last year for $25, I got to meet and get autographs from the entire band. Pretty cool, huh? A full schedule and list of bands playing are available at the website here. Keep a lookout on January 31 when the list of bands makes its debut to see if anyone's playing who catches your eye. Lawn seats are usually about $40. If you want to get closer to the action, be prepared to dish out a good $120 for pit tickets. But no matter what, you're going to have a great time around a lot of great people. Hope to see you there in the summer.

5 comments:

  1. I'm still sad I missed Metal Mayhem last year...I'll never see Rob Zombie live! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's some great irony in the sentence: "I'll never see Rob Zombie live!"

    Zombie. Live. Get it? ;)

    Nice post as always, Rin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I may have a way to remedy that Rachel :) Let me see if my idea works and if it does I'll show it to you on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering how long this event has been going on? How many years, I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly have no clue lol I've been going for three years but I know it's been going on for a while.

    ReplyDelete