Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Plans for Summer

So my boyfriend and I have been talking recently about something and we've finally come to a decision on what it is we're going to do over the summer...

So as some of you may know, Comic-Con is basically the biggest convention for nerds in the world.They literally have anything and everything that has to do with comic books, super heroes, villains, and everything in-between. It's a nerd's paradise to put it in the most basic of terms. It's gotten so big, they've gotten into the habit of hosting a live video feed from the convention to air on television, so all those poor suckers who couldn't make it all the way across the country to be there can watch and weep over how awesome it is and how they aren't there to see it. This past year they featured guests like George R.R. Martin to talk up the Game of Thrones series and Robert Downey Jr. to pump up the fans for the Avengers and Iron Man 3 movies. Well this year I, my little gothlings, will be attending! I am so excited, I can't even begin to tell you! I have my whole costume planned out and with any luck I'll be able to have it completed and ready to go a couple months before we leave. And no, I'm not going to tell you what I'll be cosplaying as either. You're just going to have to wait and wonder until I get it put together and put up some pictures before we leave. I guess I could give you a hint though. I'll be going as a character from my favorite comic...

And I'm now realizing that July is going to be a very, very busy month for me. Think about it: over the 4th of July weekend there's Anthrocon, mid-July is Comic-Con, and at the end of the month will mostly likely be Rockstar Metal Mayhem. Phew, I'm going to be worn out by the time August comes around! Wish me luck in affording all this!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, ya wanna see one GREAT reaction???
    If yeah, go up to Cinema Insomnia's Mr. Lobo and say
    "Tor Hershman sent me."

    Stay on groovin' safari,
    Tor

    ReplyDelete