Wednesday, April 18, 2012

When a Goth Has a Bad Day...

Everyone has those days where literally everything that can go wrong has gone wrong or at least some form of complication has arisen to destroy what could have been the average day. I have just experienced one of these... Let me see here: went to bed with a headache, woke up with a headache, was forced away from the comfort of my love's arms in the early hours of the morning to go to work, had to pack a really small lunch since I hadn't gone grocery shopping, got slammed at work, wound up working a 10 hour day, tense back and head all day, pissed at my roomie, need to get my car looked at on Wednesday, and had to go grocery shopping literally right after I got off work... Let me catch my breath here for a second...

O.K. now I think I can continue...

Now when the average person has their bad day, what is the normal reaction? Go out to find something distracting or get right down to the problem and fix it, right? Well, goths tend to take a slightly different approach. If there is no club or concert to be found within our immediate vicinity, Goths tend to take the lock ourselves in our own personal space, usually a bedroom. This is not in an attempt to avoid the situation, oh no, no. This is an attempt to protect others from our unstable moods. We don't like inflicting our bad moods on other people who aren't responsible for the bad mood we're in. Normally in these cases it's best not to ask questions or push too much, just leave us be until we decide it's safe for all involved that we can come out and rejoin the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment