Sunday, April 8, 2012

I'd Be Less of a Misanthrope If...

I have a very quick and easy example that is going to ring a bell with any and all of my nerdier readers, or just anyone who is into action movies and can't wait for the new Avengers flick to come out. I can honestly say I'd be less of a misanthrope if more people were like Captain America. No, this is not a joke, yes I'm being completely and utterly serious. Although the character of Captain America (at least in the films, not so sure about the comics) lacks the sarcasm I normally enjoy in humanity, he is nonetheless the perfect human. And I'm not talking about because he gets all hot and buff thanks to a military expirement... That's just a plus. I'm talking about his personality. He's not a complete and utter douche, he genuinely likes to help people, he treats everyone as an equal, he's patriotic but not one of these uber "America or Die!" rednecks... What more could you want? Seriously! Just take a look at Movie Bob, he explains it a bit better than I do...



Now do you see what I mean? Even I can't begin to try and say that I'm a good human being, I hate my own species. But yet this one character, who has been picked on, belittled, and taken advantage of his whole life still has the charisma and conscience enough to be this good of a person... I'm sold on him. And notice that Movie Bob calls him the "Ideal American." Yes, you morons, this is what the image of America is supposed to be! Not the psychos who feel the need to go and burn copies of the Qu'Ran, not the neanderthals who probably couldn't even pronounce four-syllable words let alone read them, not these mud-slinging over-hyped celebrities who's main form of entertainment is to rip each other's hair out, not the money-grubbing lowlifes who run the country... You getting my point yet? You want to be on my good side and stay there, aspire to be like Captain America.

2 comments:

  1. Captain America was also created as a Character during WW2. As a matter of fact Rin I think it'd be better suited for someone with far more Comic experience then me with Atop the Fourth Walls own Linkara!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGFArZPtPZM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm slightly comic-savvy... Just not very lol

    ReplyDelete