Friday, April 20, 2012

Band Spotlight: Midnight Syndicate

This is one band that changed the way I looked at instrumentals. When I was a teen, my then boyfriend gave me a CD from a band I'd never heard of called Midnight Syndicate. Well, the CD was titled Vampyre and I very well couldn't pass up that kind of a CD now could I? The first time I listened to it was a little later when I was taking a road trip down to North Carolina. I popped that thing in and oh man, I zoned out completely. At one point I thought I was on track 4 when in fact I was on track 7. These guys are nothing short of amazing, their music is straight out of old school horror films. Take Vampyre for example, as you're listening to it, it is completely easy to imagine the types of scenes the music would be in, Bella Lugosi and everything included! Not to mention the fact that they use a harpsichord as one of their instruments (I totally get a boner every time someone plays a harpsichord). By the way, this is a harpsichord...



Well Midnight Syndicate is actually American based. Weird considering all that foreign bands I've been featuring lately. So far they have thirteen albums out. Yes, you heard me correct, thirteen! Their most recent one is "Carnivale Arcane" which I'm going to have to get my hands on in the near future. If you haven't checked these guys out already, you should do it soon, and really soon. Until then there's always their official site that you can check out and here's a little tidbit from Vampyre for you to enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment