Saturday, March 17, 2012

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo on DVD

Maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake here lately but you can't really blame me when I'm not usually the T.V. watching type. Thus I tend to miss out on important commercials... like the one for the release of David Fincher's Girl With the Dragon Tattoo! Yup, it's finally coming to DVD my darlings! And I have to admit, this is one of the few movies I've seen that I was literally waiting impatiently for it to be released on DVD. Normally I see it in theaters a couple times and am perfectly content to wait until it's DVD format comes out to see it again. Oh, not this time. This time I've actually been wondering when it would be released for the past four or five months. Yeah, I'm that desperate to own a movie I wasn't even sure I'd enjoy let alone watch when it first was green-lighted.
But not only that, when I took a trip to one of my old work stomping grounds (Target) I happened upon a complete trilogy box set for the original Girl With the Dragon Tattoo films while searching around for Spirited Away. And, as if having all three films in one box set wasn't enough, it included over two hours of scenes that were never released to the U.S. audiences! If it hadn't been for the fact that I need to get my car worked on in the near future, wanting a new tat, having to go grocery shopping, and already owning the first movie, I would've thought nothing of snapping it up. But the $40.00 price tag kind of squashed my hopes on that one. Oh well, next paycheck I'll be all over that and Fincher's version! But if you absolutely need to have that trilogy right now and have the funds to spend, head over to Target and snap it up and let me know how it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment