Thursday, January 26, 2012

High School of the Dead

Despite my recent boredom with zombies, the alternative world seems determined to redeem zombies' track record with me... And I have to admit they're doing a really damn good job of it. First I find out about the blog Adrian's Undead Diary, which I've posted about before, and now their next move comes from one of the favorite mediums... Anime. My friend at work recently told me about High School of the Dead, available in manga and anime. Long story short, a zombie infection breaks out and a group of high school students must use whatever they can find laying around school to fight off the cannibalistic un-dead. Yeah, that's basically it, but don't get me wrong, this series is both ridiculous and awesome. Ridiculous in the sense that every female character that is aged 16 or over has a ridiculous amount of cleavage that leaves you drooling throughout the entire scene that they're fighting off zombies. Yes, I am that perverted, get over it. This whole series kicked off with the manga back in 2006, written by Daisuke Sato and illustrated by Shoji Sato. The anime didn't get started until 2010, but better late than never for this one. Now so far, only the first season is available, but the second season is rumored to be coming up pretty soon. Here's hoping it does because the first season, as animes are wont to do, leaves you off at a cliffhanger. At least it's not a horrible cliffhanger, like one that leaves you ripping your hair out because you're so desperate to know what happens next. It more kind of gives you the "O.K.... And?!" sense. Oh well, go and check it out anyway. And here's a little preview if you need any more convincing...


No comments:

Post a Comment