Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This is How Metalheads Pay Tribute

Corey Taylor, lead singer for Slipknot and Stone Sour, seriously just made me bawl like a baby. And anyone who knows me knows I'm not the easiest person to get to cry... But Corey literally just broke my heart for being such a sweetheart. A I've mentioned in one of my firsts posts on here, the bassist for Slipknot, Paul Gray, passed away about a year ago from heart failure. Now I was already about to cry when I read a few days after finding out that Gray's wife had just announced that she was pregnant with her and Paul's first child. That already half ripped out my heart, but watching NY Ink today definitely finished the job, which is by no means a bad thing. This only helps to show that metalheads aren't the soulless assholes that people tend to think we are.

Anyway... Corey Taylor goes into Ami's new tattoo shop up in New York to get a tattoo of Paul put in his calf. The second I saw the preview for this episode I immediately thought, "Oh crap, he's going to make me cry." Corey's idea (look in the corner) was to have Paul in his mask with his number behind him as the tattoo. Well, they set to work and Corey starts talking about his relationship with Paul and tears starts welling up in his eyes, before long all he can say is "I miss him so much" and burying his face in the pillow they gave him. I don't know how much more touching you can get than that. We're talking about this guy's best friend in the world and he got a beautiful piece of permanent artwork of his friend's face on his body. Corey, you're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment