Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A New Artist


O.K. as I've repeatedly mentioned, I am actually able to go to Mayhem on Friday (takes a brief moment to freak out about how happy this makes me). This being so, I figured I'd check out some of the bands that were unknown to me who are playing this year, which is a lot of them. I happened to noticed that Straight Line Stitch is a band with a female singer. This doesn't happen very often with hardcore metal bands because most girls lack the vocals necessary to growl and scream. Well, my curiosity was piqued so I asked my friend Ben about them and he gave them a pretty good review. And he knows how picky I am with metal anymore. So I finally gave them a little listen and I was very happy with what I heard and saw...



Hot chick singer and pretty bad-ass musicians? I approve. For their info they seem to have a profile for everything except their own website, but you can find them on all the usual suspects (i.e. Facebook, Myspace, etc.) and for everything else their Wikipedia page covers the rest. It seems they formed all the way back in 2000 in Knoxville, Tennessee. They didn't get their current singer, Alexis Brown, until 2003 and their first album was self-released in 2006 called "To Be Godlike." After that they followed up with "When Skies Wash Ashore" in 2008, this time the album was nationally distributed. The song above is from their third album "The Fight of Our Lives" that came out earlier this year. So far I'm liking them and I got another review from someone who's already been to Mayhem and said they did really well live. I'd say they're definitely passing my test, what do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment