Friday, June 22, 2012

Anime Spotlight: Ghost Hound

I figure since I've been bedridden most of the day it was about damn time I did another blog post. Not to mention I haven't singled out any new animes in a while for you guys to check out. So today the spotlight falls on an anime I found courtesy of my boyfriend's Netflix account.

Ghost Hound is an anime that centers around three boys who've all had traumatic experiences in their lives. One was kidnapped along with his sister as a child and watched her die in front of his eyes (he was only 3 at the time), another found his father dead after he committed suicide for being framed for the kidnappings, and another believes he was "cursed" by a fellow classmate who he drove to suicide after bullying him (the kid jumped off the top floor of their old school). Nice cheery way to start out the story, right? Well, all three of these boys find that they can "soul travel" or have out-of-body experiences and enter the spirit world or the "Unseen World." Almost instantly freaky things start to happen. I've actually put watching the rest of it on hold because I was watching the episodes late at night and saw the preview for the next one. They outlined what was going on and I said "O.K that's more than enough creepiness for one night, thank you."

Oh, and want to know something cool? The guy that created this anime is also the creator of Ghost in the Shell. Yeah! How awesome is that? This anime will definitely make shivers run up your spine, so go check it out!


Sorry the trailer's all in Japanese, there weren't any good ones in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment