Thursday, November 24, 2011

Black Friday... A Goth's Worst Nightmare

Now I'm not going to lie, the first time I ever heard the words Black Friday, I thought it was some kind of scary movie event (Thanksgiving is still fair game for horror film release potential). But then I discovered it was the day both my mother and I avoid like it was a horde of rats carrying the Black Plague on steroids. So far the only time I've had the misfortune to venture out on this day was when I was working a couple years ago. I will have the same misfortune tomorrow... Now if you are not really comprehending my total and utter disdain for this massive sale that happens all over the country, then I can easily deduce that you are not an anti-social goth like myself. On Black Friday, no one who has any sort of problem with or fear of crowds need stand in a line waiting for a ticket to get into Best Buy first. There are way too many people going way too nuts over crap that is still way too expensive. This is the night that the true nutcases come out of their shells to try and score on some items that will undoubtedly return to the store if you don't mob the delivery truck first. (Yes, this is going to turn into a long rant, but that is what is called for in this situation) I'm actually sitting here and waiting for the first police report of someone being trampled or severely injured on this Black Friday. Fights break out, people are run over, tons of merchandise get stolen (whether it be from stores or off of other people), and there's just all out chaos. The fact that stores are opening their doors earlier and earlier every year is doing nothing to help this either. In my area alone places like Toys R'Us are opening at 9 p.m. tonight... Yeah, that's what I said... TONIGHT. Walmart's waiting a whole hour and a half later to start with their deals and most other places are opening at midnight. Seriously... WHO THE HELL GOES SHOPPING AT MIDNIGHT?! Now, I will willingly admit to being a little crazy and random, but the people who do this every year without fail scare me. I mean stuff like this...


Yeah... Two minutes of that and my homicidal urges to kill everyone that speaks within a twenty foot radius of me would be going nuts and probably will be tomorrow when I'm dragged from my room and forced to report for work. If you are going out tomorrow; drive safe, don't steal, be nice, and you're crazy. Enjoy your turkeys for now! 




1 comment:

  1. I love a good deal and an adventure, but I've never gone out on Black Friday. Also, we live in a very materialistic country. The end.

    ReplyDelete