Thursday, May 8, 2014

Attack on Cosplayers

My discovery today seems like a pretty appropriate follow-up to my last blog post. Yup, you guessed it... I've found yet another reason to explain my general and utter hatred for humanity.

Now, if you've followed my blog at all, you'll know that I'm a lover of Japanese animation or anime. That being said, I also enjoy cosplay when I can actually manage to get a decent costume put together. OK I enjoy dressing up in costume for damn near anything. Cosplayers are not known for enjoying the higher rungs on the social climbing ladders and quite frankly, we don't care because that would be a direct killjoy to the fun we have dressing up.

Naturally, we expect there to be some... let's say difference of ideology, between us and people who think that dressing up in costumes is best reserved for children under 10 and Halloween. For whatever idiotic reason, there are people who consistently walk around outside of the San Diego Comic-Con waving around religious signs about avoiding sin and turning to Jesus...


I've still yet to figure out what their motive behind this is... Well despite these morons, we still don't care. We're too busy having fun to be bothered by it.

The problem comes when these "normalcy" fucks decide to take it to the next level and add assault to the repertoire. While I was on Facebook I read a delightful little blog post about a high schooler who decided to wear their cosplay to school when a convention was in town. The logic in this? If it couldn't survive a day at school it wasn't going to survive a weekend at the convention. Sounds reasonable enough to me. Well... ugh, just read the damn thing. It makes me too pissed off just thinking about it...

http://iamthedavrezi.tumblr.com/post/84720306678/on-friday-i-went-to-school-in-my-grell-cosplay

Yeah... Please tell me in what fucking universe this twisted fuck's brain had to be in to just randomly assault another student for wearing a COSPLAY?! And as for the little cunts who were applauding this sick behavior, while I try to avoid wishing violence upon people these days, I would dearly love to see you get caught in a dark alley with a gang banger. Saying that you sicken me is one of the grossest understatements I've ever spoken. Just because you're so repressed that you couldn't tell your real personality if it came up and kicked you in the pussy, doesn't mean you have any right or justification to attack someone and applaud the attacker for their actions against someone who enjoys exactly who and what they are. We're freaks and we're proud of it! You're just a bunch of pathetic posers who think they know what the definition of normal is...

No comments:

Post a Comment