Monday, March 31, 2014

Metal Mayhem and Chibisodes

As most of you probably know by now, today was the day that the lineup for Rockstar Metal Mayhem 2014 was to be released. Well, I was just a tad too impatient to wait until after work to see what it looked like. And... O.K. I'll level with you, I'm not overly thrilled about the lineup this year like I have been in past years...







If you want to watch the video for it, it's here, but quite frankly I'm disappointed. I'll still go and everything but I'm definitely not going to be paying nearly as much attention to it as I normally would. For one, I don't particularly like most of these bands or I've never even heard of them. Second, seriously... Ice-T has a rap-metal band that's going to be performing? *points gun to head* O.K. I may or may not have mentioned this before, but with the exception of maybe three songs in all of recent history, I HATE RAP! I hate the way it sounds, I hate the complete assault on the ear drums that passes for its beats, I hate the mangling of the English language that is used for lyrics, I hate it, I hate it, I HATE IT! I know I preach the "don't knock it til you try it" perspective, but in this instance, I had better be fucking blown away to even get within 100 feet of whatever stage gets stuck with that act and I'm not expecting to even have my ears perk up to it. Just the guy's stage name alone is enough to make me roll my eyes... Oh well, at least I have Cannibal Corpse, Suicide Silence, and Korn to salvage this music experience...

And now for something a little more uplifting... CHIBISODE!


No comments:

Post a Comment