Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Pop Culture Goths Can Enjoy

As a general rule, Goths don't tend to enjoy some of the aspects of pop culture. O.K. who am I kidding? Goths don't tend to enjoy any of the aspects of pop culture. Why, you may ask? The very definition of pop culture is made up of things that are meant to flare up with popularity and then die off in two years tops. That's even setting aside the fact that pop music has been on a... suicidal decline since the late 90's. Yes, a few grains of decent music and clothing can be found when you dig really deep. Even I have a couple Katy Perry and Rhianna songs on my phone. Yes, I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that and please do not use it against me. But realistically, pop culture of the 21st century is responsible for bringing us twerking and Justin Beiber, need I elaborate further? Didn't think so...

Yet despite all of its mind-numbing, rhetorical, and gods-awful aspects, one culture has managed to take the "pop" culture and given us something awesome along with it. If I may direct your attention to the video below, the explanation can begin...


This particular band is called SHINee and they are a K-Pop band, or Korean pop. Yes, that's right... Korea! Korea has managed to take pop music and turned it into something that I literally can't get enough of. And I'm not the only one either. Almost every goth or punk that I've introduced to this music instantly tunes into it. Then again most of the goths and punks I know are the type that would live at a goth club if given half a chance. And really what would be better to dance to than this? It's got awesome techno beats, some kickin' bass, and very hott Korean boys... O.K. that's not what turns everyone onto it but it never hurts. So get and get addicted like I did...


And yes there's hott Korean girls for you too

  

No comments:

Post a Comment