Thursday, February 27, 2014

Books That Bring The Horror

So tonight's been the usual... unfortunately. Came home from the job I hate to an empty apartment, read a little bit, made myself some dinner, and then settled in to do some drawing. Once my ankles and knees were thoroughly stiff from not moving for the better part of two hours then I checked Facebook. Yes, even I have a Facebook. I'm an introverted misanthrope, how else am I supposed to keep up with the few friends that I have? Anyway, I'm scrolling through my feed and one of the first posts I notice is one from the matron of Vampire novels herself, Anne Rice. If you haven't at least heard of Anne Rice you can no longer be considered a Goth. Sorry, but them's the rules. But I have a high level of confidence that if you're reading this blog, then you have heard of her if not obsessively read the Vampire chronicles and at least watched Queen of the Damned.
Anyway, the post that I happened upon was a list that Mrs. Rice had pulled from the Huffington Post. And it was none other than a list of horror books guaranteed to freak you out. Now while I've had a few brushes with horror novels, the good ones are hard to come by. Especially when most local bookstores don't have a convenient "Creep the Living Hell Out of You" section readily available. So when you come across lists like these, it makes you nearly jump with joy that there is hope that you'll spend a few more nights huddled under the blankets, completely sleepless with terror because of a book. O.K. I'll admit, there aren't many people who hope for things like that when referring to a book, but I am a bibliophile and nothing will ever change that. I'll take a good creepy book any day over a creepy movie, and this list looks like it has some very promising titles. on it. Then again when any list includes Pet Sematary by the legendary Stephen King and American Psycho, you know you've got to trust it.
Once I finally get my hands on all these gems, I'll be sure to post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment