Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Goes U.S.


I am not thrilled about this people. In fact, I'm not even happy about it. Is Hollywood seriously so desperate to come out with new films that they're willing to remake already made movies that were great on their own? Oh... wait... of course they are. Repo Men, Let the Right One In, The Adjustment Bureau... I guess Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is just the next one in line so Hollywood can squeeze just enough box office money out of the people who haven't already seen the originals. What a fantastic world we live in. Now, I'll level with them on the one point of casting. I am partial to Daniel Craig as Mikael Blomkvist, he has a good look for it, but doe he have the acting capability to play someone as "submissive" as this guy? I honestly have no idea. And I'll say flat out, Rooney Mara looks horrible in this film. I mean, seriously, the woman has no eyebrows. She looks downright scary, not alluring or sexy at all like Noomi Rapace did in this role. Then again Noomi kind of fit the role from the get-go considering she is goth she used her actual piercings from years before. The new trailer makes the film look real edgy and all, but I'm already getting the feeling that this movie is going to be seriously lacking in its ability to deliver like the original did. The poster itself is almost giving the impression that the movie is going to be mostly about sex and violence, which doesn't portray the actual story well at all. Sex is a back story pretty much, and not overly important to the entire story unless it deals with abuse. I don't know, here's the trailer so you can judge for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment