Friday, December 27, 2013

Geek Culture

It is time to once more hear the wise and all-knowing words of Foamy the Squirrel my dear readers! This time he takes to the streets once again to try and preserve one of the oldest subcultures... being a Geek. Just like being a goth or punk (or even a metalhead), geekdom has been taken over by the mainstream and made into something far more streamlined and fashion-sensitive than it was ever meant to be. While I may identify with many alternative and underground lifestyles, I will never call myself a geek. Why, you might ask? Because I am not a geek, pure and simple. I'm a nerd, but I do not have the technical, mathematical, or scientific know-how to be known  as a geek. I love Star Wars, Harry Potter, anime, and Star Trek. Just because the Big Bang Theory is a part of my regular viewing experience when I decide to make use of the cable does not make me a geek. But allow me to turn the conversation over to Foamy to fully explain the heinous crime that is being committed against true geeks everywhere.


Now I have to admit, one of the things that pisses me off the most about the wanna-be geeks is the fact that suddenly everyone and their mother is wearing those fake horn-rimmed glasses even when they don't require corrective lenses. People, you look ridiculous and sound even worse when you try to be a geek and you aren't one. Stop it...

No comments:

Post a Comment