Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Calling All 90's Kids!

So I wandered on into Target today to go and pick up a couple groceries that me and my boyfriend had previously forgotten to get over the weekend. I'm wandering around with groceries in hand when I realize that Rise of the Guardians released on DVD. If you don't know how happy this makes me, go look here. While I'm over in the tech section looking at movies that I shouldn't buy, I happened to stumble across something that I never thought I would ever see again... 



And no, I'm not kidding. I saw the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series on DVD! Now, this is what all 90's kids grew up on. Everyone had their favorite Power Ranger (Trini was mine) and we all rooted in high-pitched, badly pronounced cheers for them when they faced off against those classic villains like Rita Repulsa. And dear gods did it suck! No, seriously, think about it. That was one of those shows that you can only love as a child. Between the horrible effects, the corny fight-sequences, and the over-dramatized dialogue, there wasn't too much that was right with this show... And we all loved the shit out of it. I remember waiting until my mom was out of the house then switching the channel over to Power Rangers. Yeah it was a pile of karate crap, but that was what I lived for! Admit it, even you get nostalgic when you think about the opening theme song. You know the one... 


Never mind that the Yellow Ranger played a sadistic bitch that takes a tattoo gun to a dude's eye and winds up being thrown out a fifth story window in Crow: City of Angels or that the Silver Ranger now looks like this...


If you were a kid during the 90's this was the bread and butter of your television viewing experience. And now you can relive the whole sorry thing on DVD... aren't you excited?!




No comments:

Post a Comment